Monday, March 11, 2013

Some Love for My Friends

Dear friend,

You are wonderful.

Even if I haven't talked to you recently, I'm having one of those moments where I realize how many people I love and that love me in so many different places.

Old friends from home, becoming-old-friends from my second home in Anderson and my quasi-home in Costa Rica and new friends in my oddly-comfortable-new-home Raleigh.

You're probably an awesome person and I'm probably lucky to have you and I probably miss you like crazy or am glad to have you around.

I don't know how we met or how you ever stuck around long enough to get past the "this girl talks too much and moves her body in really unsettling ways" phase but I'm glad you did.

You are unique and interesting and smart and funny.

You are probably super quirky. And I probably love your quirks.

You are probably a way better friend than I deserve sometimes.

I am continually taken by surprise by your love.

You are always loved and appreciated, even if I don't call when I should.

I probably secretly love, admire, respect and even envy you more than you know.

I know this because that's how my friends are and that's why I love you.

Even if this seems overly-sentimental or inauthentic, please believe that it is true and it applies to so many incredible people I know. Even if we're not that close and you're reading this, please believe that these words are probably true for so many of the people you know and love. Read it when you don't feel like you deserve it because you probably do. We all need to share these thoughts and feelings more, even when we're embarrassed, because these are the words and relationships that keep us going and everyone can use a reminder of the love they have and deserve from time to time.

So here's some love. Accept it or not, that's it.

Thank you,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment