Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hang Shelves for $14

This is a follow-up to the post I made in January about the wall I painted with 
$3 leftover paint from the Habit for Humanity ReStore (check it out it here). 

Before: Messy and very, very white 
$3 for paint + $14 for shelves = $17 total

After: Shelves added and re-organized
I bought the 4 shelves for $2 each at the ReStore. They were all matching and with very little damage. Plus, all of our furniture and molding was already a similar stain. I bought brackets and hardware at Home Depot for $1.50 each in black so they would be visible and complement the black accents we had throughout the room. I also alternated the long and short ends of the brackets along the wall, just for funsies. A level, drill and pencil took care of the rest!

All the kid's stuff and board games
The goal was to make a living room that also doubled as a safe and fun area for kids when I'm babysitting, hence why the shelves are hung so high. I'll make a post (someday) about turning my house into a makeshift in-home daycare without making it look or feel like a preschool...

(Sorry if this post seems pointless- I guess I just love being cheap and doing room makeovers)

THANKS FOR READING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment